Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Happiness, Positivism and Chemical Locchas of the mind

'Lagey Raho Munnabhai' is a laugh riot! But more than that - it is starkingly positive. Its important to have such movies that just take us back to the light hearted moments, reminding you to smile. [An excellent review here by Pratiksha].
People waste away too many precious hours of their lives worrying, sulking about their money, their work-loads, performance appraisals, troubled relationships and global warming and nuke attacks! There are loads of better things to be happy about, isn't it?

(Its 8 pm and I'm just done with my office-work for today. But still writing this while sitting at my desk - 'cos one should always find time for doing things that one likes :-))

Everyone likes to be happy. But that makes me wonder, if its so good, why wouldn't people be that way all the time? What keeps people away from being happy within themselves?

Maybe:

  • There are anti-elements everywhere that schemingly obstruct happiness. Situations, other people, destiny...
  • Man remains a dissatisfied creature (generally speaking) or it's like saying - 'Happiness is relative'. People compare their own well-being with their immediate counterparts and that brings unhappiness (even if they themselves are much well-in-place)
  • A lot of people, (yes - a lot), when faced with some adverse situation, send their rational minds on a long coffee break and get taken over by all negative thoughts. They find 'adverse situations' a perfect alibi to convince themselves why they must be unhappy in life!

Can one stop this chemical loccha in the mind? Yeah, of course! I feel if one 'chooses' to be happy, one would feel so - no matter what! And I say that by experience.

What, me worry?

I do not go the extra mile to be nice and friendly to the people around me. It comes from within. When I do something that is rightfully good, its because I feel so - and not to score my brownie points with God. When I am friendly and helpful to someone - its because I get an inner satisfaction doing that. Of course there are times when things do not go as you want. But thats not the time to get mad. Stupid and senseless behaviour does not enrage me, but I'm amused and often hopeful that the person does get some sense in his/her beautiful mind.When people with IQ half that of mine do things that are in all probablity, anger-spawning, I behave otherwise. Unruffled - its me.

I do not wish to change the world. (I like the way it is - 'Imperfect') I do not dream to become like Superman, wear a mask with spare underwear on top of my pants and pretend to save the world! (though I wish I had the ability to.... ;-))

But seriously speaking, I just wish the world be a much happier place, much simpler and with lesser pretensions. Movies like 'Lagey Raho..' remind you of that time-to-time.

I watched 'Lagey Raho..' for the 2nd time yesterday, and I stil have a contented smile on my face. I feel like writing a joy song right-away but can't find a word at hand that rhymes with 'yapa-dipee-dooo'!

:-)

PS: Probably one of my most confused posts ever. But that's what I call a system-dump of my thoughts.

PS 2: Laughter is the best medicine. Even if you are not sick....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shall we call it a straight from the heart post? :) A job well done.

Kaps said...

Thanks so much! :-)