Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Tweeter ke do aage tweeter....

Tweeter ke do peeche tweeter...
Bolo kitne tweeter?


Bad attempt at mixing Bollywood nostalgia with a new internet phenomena and squeeze some humor out of it... But you can't blame a man for trying.

Well, Twitter was around a good 18 months ago... And I had joined-in a year back or so, expecting this to be just one of those new jigs in the social networking wave. Suddenly, come 2009, Twitter is THE place to be!
Everyone around now is a Social Media junkie, every other person is a Web 2.0 expert, and everyone is following everyone (not in the strictest literary terms, but you get it)

Yes, a few celebrities on the Tweeting A-list means good news for fans. Forget mainstream media, forget agents, forget 3rd party info - you can get the goings-on in the minds of celebrities right from the horse's mouth (or so I'd like to believe)

Blogging was for people with a serious urge to write and reach out. Tweeting came out to be great for those who didn't have time to sit down and blog. But people are doing just the opposite. More time is being spent on tweeting and status updating every day! True, social-media habits of people can take you by surprise. I wouldn't have ever thought people would actually have fun writing small twitbits about themselves, and reading up twitbits about others, totally unknown ones too!

Now if you'd excuse me, I have to go and update my Twitter page to tell the world that I am writing a blog. Then I'd update my facebook status that I am tweeting about writing a blog. Then my LifeStream account will get updated with the useless fact about me that I am updating my facebook status about tweeting about writing a blog!
Phew!

image courtesy: http://www.readwriteweb.com

Update: (14.May)
Can't help but post this video. Awesome! Thanks to Alina for sharing this.(if your browser cant see this - get flash installed)

.

4 comments:

Anirban said...

"Now if you'd excuse me, I have to go and update my Twitter page to tell the world that I am writing a blog. Then I'd update my facebook status that I am tweeting about writing a blog"

LOL ....

..that i put a comment on your blog is an update too (atleast facebook does that)..where the fk does it stop man!!..

anyways..i gotta take a shit, ie after i update my tweeter about my natures call....hehehee...

god help us all!!!

status update - God is currently building other universes....

Kaps said...

Ha ha!
good one too!

just pk said...

man never had so much fun reading something...but it is all soooooo true...btw i could never understand the twitter ka funda...i have not updated it for long...but i guess it is time :) so going right away...

Yogesh said...

Dude, your blog rocks! :)

And I just loved the video