Friday, June 09, 2006

God is a Soccer player


Its time!
Its time for all soccer crazy folks in the world to get glued to one big extravagenza!

Though its a pity I'll be sitting here in my home in Hyd catching up on the excitement on television. The glimmer of hope that I could have travelled there on a business trip was too much to materialize, I guess. That was a chance of a lifetime.... and it didnt happen, well almost.

But alls fine as long as I get to watch my fav team England rooting it out on the field, as long as I can see the Brazilian brilliance scaring the shit out of the opposition, as long as 'Total Football' from the Dutchman entertains and excites, as long as the Argentinians demonstrate their classic tactics on the game!

Soccer is more than a game, its a religion.....
Yes, God is a soccer player. And for the next 30 odd days, God would take many forms and pay a visit to my home through my television. Some days he will be the brilliant Ronaldinho baffling the defenders, and some days he will be the 20 yr old raging bull called Wayne Rooney, and of course he would be the classic warhorse named Luis Figo and not to leave out the mercurial Arjen Robben pacing away to the goal!

This world cup - I'm waiting for the time of my life! Well, the best till date, you could say!

Joga Bonito!
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!