Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Itch

Ever had a bad itch? A really compelling, irritating urge to do something? And if not able to do that, ever felt like strangling the one responsible for that till he chokes and then you get your heart's content?

It was 0120 hrs on 14th June (today). I was well into the Brazil match - totally absorbed, and totally oblivious of the fact that I had to go to a place called office on the same morning. At half time I was smug enough having seen a brilliant goal by Kaka shattering the nets from a distance, and then I was looking forward for some more treat for the next 45 odd mins....

Thats when the cable conked off!

Thats when I felt like murdering my cable waala guy.

I mean I've had long fights with him for the pathetic bouquet of channels that he throws in - half of them are some obscure regional shit and the 20% of the remaining ones are actually watchable, if you are lucky to have good transmission that day... But this was the limit!

I was sitting and waiting for the cable to come back as the clock ticked, well into the 2nd half. I got anxious, jittery but the blank screen didn't change.
This is one of those feelings that you get when you are desperately urging to answer Nature's big call and the only loo available is occupied by a guy who seems to be shitting out the whole weeks load, literally!
Thats the itch I was talking about...

But couldn't do much about it though - it was well into 90 mins by then... :-|
So there I cribbed and prayed that the subsequent days would be luckier and I slept.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

probably u forgot the major issue that is being faced by these poor cable walas, any guesses???....look into ur past and listen to some voices..."abhe dishhh...deeeessshhhh....deessssssss....ssssss......

If u still havent guessed who this is, think about its origin and u'll have the answere..

Kaps said...

Hee he ha ha !!
Abe saale anonymous comment kyon fir!